Thursday, September 01, 2005

Baby please don't go....

On a slightly more serious note:
I've been paying a lot of attention to the news today as the situation in New Orleans devolves by the hour. Things are not good.
Check out The Survival of New Orleans Blog for news from the epicenter.
I really thought I was as jaded as I could be. Seems I was wrong. I have yet to hear any stories of bravery and compassion. All I'm hearing is looting, shooting, rape and murder. Our government seems incapable of getting a handle on the situation. People are suffering and dying.
What the fuck? This isn't some third world piss hole we live in. This is The United States of America. How can we allow this shit to happen?
I'm not a praying man. But what passes for prayer with me is directed at all the victims of this disaster.
To the looters, murderers, rapist, snipers... fucking die, pigs. I hope you all die. There is NO excuse at all for that kind of behavior. Anyone who tries to rationalize it, fuck you too.
People need help.
Lastly, to the people who ARE out there helping, bless you. That's what it's all about. A little compassion goes a long way. I know the media likes to feast on the bad, and they tend to ignore the less sensational heroism. I know people are out there, giving all they can.
Thank you for saving some of my faith in mankind.
What a mess.

Post Script: Jessie Jackson, you are an asshole. Go home and shut the fuck up. Now.

No comments: