Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Farewell, Stewie

So, last night was kind of a bummer. We gave one of our cats away.
Stewie was a stray that KG adopted when we first started dating. That was 6 years ago. He's been my little buddy ever since.
Shortly after my son was born, we adopted another little stray, Moe. With the addition of another cat and a baby, Stewie started acting up. mostly spraying. He's been a problem cat since. He needs a lot of attention, and our house was getting a little full for him.
KG sent the following email to some people she works with:
Please help me find a new home for my cat, Stewie.

I adopted Stewie in 2000, when he was just a kitten. He loved cuddling and playing. He was always happy, and being the new baby, he was the center of attention.

As the years have passed, our family has increased by another adopted stray kitten and two human babies, and Stewie is not the happy kitty he used to be. He misses the games of bathtub hide and seek, bat the fuzzy mouse, and fishing for the feathery thing we used to play.

I feel bad that I cannot give Stewie the attention he wants and make him the happy, carefree kitty he used to be, but I barely have enough time in the day to give my son the attention he needs, let alone my cats.

If you or anyone you know would want a kitty to play with and love and give lots of attention to, please let me know.

Stewie is 6 years old now, and is all black. He is healthy and up-to-date with medical checkups and shots. He even had his teeth cleaned in April.

He would be happiest in a home where he was the only cat. If someone could make room for him in their home, I would provide a brand new litter box and food and water bowls.

Please forward this to anyone you can think of who might be interested.
Stewie is a very loving kitty who deserves the best home he can have.


Well, yesterday a girl she works with asked if she could take him. I stopped on the way home and bought a litter box and bowl. Around 8PM she came over and took Stewie with her.
I'm hoping he'll be happy in his new home. I'm glad to be down to 2 cats and not have spraying and urine problems anymore. But I still feel bad.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I'll miss you, little buddy.

No comments: