Thursday, May 03, 2007

ROI

So, I suppose I'm a tad overdue for a recap of my exciting weekend in Missouri.

It was what it was. The McKesson conference was a bit disappointing. I was hoping for more useful information on the functionality of 10.0. It seemed instead that most of the seminars were geared toward people who haven't made the leap yet. So nice to know we're on the vanguard.

It was interesting and informative to talk to other users. Most agencies are smaller than ours. I met a few people who worked for agencies with no IS department (?!?!).

What I did get out of my weekend in Springfield was the green apple splatters. I, that is to say we, did a lot of drinking. The nice part was I got to spend some time with senior management getting drunk, and I never paid for a single beer. All in all, I'd call that good.

I took the day off from work today to sort of oversee the contractor who is hooking our house up to the sewer. Nice guy. He's going to use his monster backhoe to cut me a path through the overgrown part of the yard.

I have a huge yard. Seriously. With some hard work, it'll be beautiful.

Anyway, I spent half the day pulling vines off the house and doing some clearing of my own. Took some measurements, puttered around my house. My house. I like the sound of that.

My good buddies at work gave KG and I a $100 gift card to Home Despot. I spent half of it this morning. Got myself a rake, some hedge clippers, lawn bags, and a big, mother fucking axe. I can't tell you how psyched I am to own a honkin axe.

This weekend is going to be spent performing some intense yard work. I'm kind of looking forward to it. The place will look a lot better with a little effort.

No comments: