Saturday, August 25, 2007

Global Integrated Joint Operating Entity

Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but I believe the slogan was "G.I. Joe, Real American Hero."

Stephen Sommers can nibble the poo pills off my hairy, sweaty ass. Mother fucker.

The only childhood toy that cam close to rivaling my Star Wars obsession was GI Joe. Fact is, Joe pretty much eclipsed my SW craze. The Hasbro line went into high gear between Empire and Jedi. After Jedi came out, I got a few figures, but no playsets or vehicles. On the other hand, I had tons of GI Joes. I even had the damn base. I loved those guys.

The cartoon was the standard 80's shit, but the comic book truly rocked.

When I first heard rumblings of a movie, I didn't hold out much hope for something good. But this shit is just retarded. Seriously.

Why do we always need to update things? A Joe movie based on the comic book would be cool. If you're looking to reignite the franchise, go with the nostalgia. Bring to flesh and blood what we loved as children.

If you have to update, make it relevant, OK. You could pull that off with a little imagination.

But Sommer's vision: Festering shit heaps.

For the love of all that is PVC, someone give me a live action GI Joe TV show. Do the comics, man. You want to update it, fine. Snake Eyes lost his face in Iraq. Cobra is a domestic terrorist organization using the distraction of the War on Terror to destabilize the US. The GI Joe unit is culled from our current military ranks, misfit weapons geniuses and computer hackers, etc, who don't fit in well, but are the best in the military.

IT COULD WORK!

No comments: