Monday, May 08, 2006

That there is some funny shit

This morning when KG and I got back from her doctor's appointment (she has a bladder infection. Fun.), I noticed an envelope in the front hall addressed to our upstairs neighbor. It was from National Grid. I didn't think much of it, other than it seemd odd to me that a utility company would hand deliver a letter (read no stamp, handwritten addressee.)

A little later I went out to run some errands. KG was home resting, and Dick (the upstairs redneck) knocked on the door. He wanted to know if we had power.

We did.

He stated that they had lost their power. Then he corrected himself. Their power had been turned off because they haven't paid for it.

He told KG that he had discovered that all the lights in the basement and in the hallways are on their bill. Dick went on to say that it wasn't fair, and he was going to call the landlord, since their bill has been $300 a month.

KG has an eternal mechanism that I do not. It stops her from opening her mouth and causing trouble. Mind you, it doesn't always work, and often time she over rides it. Point being, she actually has one. So, she didn't say anything. She kept any witty remarks to herself. Just as well, since wit would be lost on this pleib.

Here's the rub. We used to live upstairs. We never, ever paid anywhere near $300 a month for electricity. Why? because we didn't leave every friggin light in the basement on for weeks at a stretch. Since these jackasses moved in, I've been the one going into the basement in the middle of the night to shut the lights off. When I close down the house for the night, I can see the basement lights shining through the floorboards. I usually shut the hall lights off as well. Shit for brains (and that goes for the entire family) leave the lights on every time they go down there. They also do laundry every day, all day and all night.

I don't know what Dick expects the landlord to do anyhow. The house is wired the way it is wired. Not much can be done to change that. It certainly isn't our problem. Well... it's our problem in so far as there are now no lights in the basement, and I actually do need to go through some of the boxes I put down there. Plus, we're getting a dryer, so now I'll be doing laundry down there as well.

Not to mention the fact, should Dick be thinking we owe him money, that this same shithead had his washing machine hooked up to our hot water heater since they moved in (recently disconnected when the fuse for the heater blew and the landlord pointed out to him who it belonged to). Which means we have been paying to do their fucking laundry for 7 months.

All I can do is laugh. Tonight it is dead quiet and very, very dark up there. I don't think they were even smart enough to buy some candles. They are home, I can hear Dick's friggin nextel walkie-talkie squawking. But they are sitting in pitch dark with no TV or stereo.

I said ha-ha.

1 comment:

Names said...

that is some cold shit! suckers! Makes me wistful for the Mt. Vernon days.