Thursday, January 11, 2007

179/1000 BLU Vol 2

So, I decided I might as well attempt to do an occasional review of music, movies or books that I ingest. Partly as filler and time killer, partly because I'm always looking to infect new people wth my esoteric taste.

My latest acquisition is The Residents "Best Left Unspoken Volume 2." This is the second of 3 collections of instrumental songs from B sides, out takes and limited releases long out of print.

The first 6 tracks are from "High Horses", an EP of demented carousel music. I'm lucky enough to have the original EP, so this wasn't new to me. None the less, it's great stuff. Best listened to with a decent pair of headphones.

The other stand outs, in my opinion, are "Prelude for a Toddler" and "Bijou." Prelude was included on a previous compliation album, which I also have ( and incidently was my first Residents album), but I'm happy to hear it again. Creepy. "Bijou" is new to me. It's a strange and intersting track, and thankfully defies description.

Anyhow, it's a limited release, and only available from Ralph America. If you have any interest in The Residents, I'd suggest picking it up.

No comments: