Thursday, January 25, 2007

La noche del terror ciego

KG bought me the Book of the Dead: the Complete History of Zombie Cinema for Christmas. It's a good read, and one of the most comprehensive tomes I've come across.

I decided, though I doubt I'll stick with it, to try and watch every zombie movie available. No small task, for sure.

Anyhow, last night I watched the first installment in the Blind Monks series, La Noche Del Terror Ciego. It's a Spanish zombie film from 1971 about a sect of Templar monks who return from the dead to feast on the living.

Not so good. The zombie monks were actually pretty creepy. But the plot was spotty, the acting was subpar and it was short on gore or genuine scares. I'd also like to mention that technically, they weren't zombies. The monks discovered the secret to immortality. They were executed, and rise from their graves. So, either they are ghosts, or they're vampires. Not zombies.

Worth viewing if you're a hardcore horror/zombie fan, but if you're a casual viewer, I'd suggest giving this one a pass.

No comments: