Sunday, September 16, 2007

Fireside Thoughts

My week long sabbatical has come to an end. I'm not usually one to take a vacation purely for shits and giggles, but this one was needed.

Work has been tiresome and grating for far too long. I've been in a rut and squeezed too tight. I needed a week off to clear my head. It seems to have done some good.

I bought some new clothes and tended to some of the many chores here that needed doing. There are still too many left to name, but I feel like I've made some progress.

TKJr survived his first week of preschool, and actually seems to be enjoying it. We took him to Edaville yesterday for the Day Out With Thomas. Both kids enjoyed it.

I fucked up my back pretty good on Friday digging out the front yard. It's on the mend now.

Although not entirely rested, I feel refreshed. My head is screwed on more or less straight, and I'm ready to dive back into this thing called life.

No comments: