Sunday, December 23, 2007

Merry Meme

Mycalls posted this, so I'll share the yule cheer.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Paper for the kids, bags for everyone else.

2. Real tree or Artificial? Real tree and wreath this year.

3. When do you put up the tree? The second weekend of December, usually.

4. When do you take the tree down? In the past, when it was good and dead. This year I suspect it'll be sooner.

5. Do you like egg nog? Hood's new gingerbread flavored is really good.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Anything Star Wars, most of which I still have. And the aforementioned Green Machine.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? We have an incomplete one somewhere. I was thinking of filling in the missing players with action figures.

8. Hardest person to buy for? My parents. They really don't need any more shit.

9. Easiest person to buy for? The kids. They're more than willing to express their desires.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail this year. usually I just forget all together.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? My grandmother gave me a horrid sweater one year. Damn near scarred me for life.

12. Favorite Christmas movie? It's a toss up between A Christmas Story and It's a Wonderful Life.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? In earnest around mid November.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Indeed.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Italian cookies. Eggnog, pumpkin pie.

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? We usually have clear, but the kids voted for colored this year.

17. Favorite Christmas song? "Merry Fucking Christmas" from the South Park Mr. Hankey album. "Happy Xmas (War is Over)" still gets me, mostly because it's always relevant.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We do a bit of traveling.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Did I mention I have kids? That'd be a yes.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Last year we had a Darth Vader head. This year, a star.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? People being rude because they are so frazzled... it seems to get worse every year.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I've got a boatload of Star Wars ornaments. Enough said.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Homemade pizza and chocolate soy milk. That'll do just fine.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? A wood burning stove would keep me happy

1 comment:

Mike said...

might just be me, but the font color for this post is the same as the background