Monday, January 28, 2008

Can I go back to work? Please?

Ugh.

So, KG got a call late Friday morning that TKJr had a fever and needed to come home from school. He was a bit sick over the weekend, but more or less his usual self. Sunday he came out of the bathroom and reported that he was making stinky water (ie diarrhea). Still no fever, but he had the runs.

Izzy was fine all weekend. Sunday morning I noted she felt warm, but seemed OK. Around 5 she was running around naked as usual.

KG gave the kids a bath, and the baby started shivering. We bundled her up and sat down to watch AFV. Shortly after, she started puking and was hot to the touch. Fever of 103.7. We called the doctor, tried to cool her down, and pumped her full of drugs. At 10:30 she still had a temp, but it was lower.

I slept through the night, but she didn't. When I got up for work, KG asked me to stay home with her, as the baby's fever was back up over 103, and Nick, although seeming fine, was still having the runs. So I missed work. Again.

Izzy went to the doctor, they couldn't find anything wrong. Probably an intestinal bug that she caught from TKJr. She and KG napped most of the day away, while I attempted to entertain a cranky boy. I've never wanted to be at work more.

So, tonight the kids seem more or less normal. Izzy's fever was scary, but she seems to be bouncing back. I'd be happy and all, except I've noticed two things this evening. First, my bones ache and I'm really, really tired. Second, there is one hell of an ill wind blowing out of my ass.

I can work sick. I actually prefer to save my sick days for mental health use. That said, I will under no circumstances report for duty when liquid is coming out of my ass or mouth. No way, no how. Wish me luck, because I have a touch of cabin fever.

No comments: