Saturday, January 26, 2008

Cleaning Update

Well, all in all KG and I got a good amount of work done today. We can actually walk around our bedroom! We have a lot of clothes between the two of us, and the 3 bureaus current in the bedroom just aren't cutting it.

I did 4 loads of laundry, we packed up 2 garbage bags worth of clothes for Goodwill, and I threw out all my torn socks and pants. We've made some progress. There's more to do, but I'm pleased.

On the agenda is a trip to IKEA to see about replacing all of our bedroom furniture. We have a miss matched set right now, and I think we're over due for something a little more grown up.

Also have to hit the Depot for some foundation sealer and storage racks. Need to hit Target for a record player and an ironing board. I have to straighten up the attic so i can continue to move stuff up from the basement. Need to re-do the office.

Sigh.

On a lighter note, I discussed with KG the importance of spending our tax rebate (not our return, but the economic bail out that should be coming out around May or so) on something that will help stimulate the economy. We wouldn't be doing our part for America if we saved or invested the money. No, we need to purchase something expensive and frivolous. I suggest an HDTV. I don't think I'm pulling one over on her, but she did like the idea.

No comments: