Friday, February 22, 2008

It remains a post 12/13 world. For me.

What a shit ass day, weather wise. Around 11 I asked my boss if I could leave work early, and got a negative response. Shortly after that, she left for our Braintree office. So, at 2 I left. Screw that, I will never again sit in my car for 8 1/2 hours to travel 30 miles if I can at all avoid it.

When I left, traffic was moving, and road conditions seemed alright. I actually made it to Quincy in about 10 minutes. Time enough to get coffee before picking up Izzy.

From there, things got worse.

When I pulled up to Izzy's daycare, the car went into a skid and I smashed into the curb hard enough to dent my rim. I just missed a telephone poll by inches. The rest of the ride home was treacherous at best. I usually don't have too much trouble in the snow, between having front wheel drive and a standard. Today I was sliding all over the place. Not good.

Made it home around 3:30. Not bad, not bad at all. KG left work shortly after that and was home a little after 5.

Now the kids are tucked into bed, I'm getting sleepy, and the sound of freezing rain is playing in the background.

No comments: