Friday, April 04, 2008

Thoughts about the wrong eyed Jesus

Upon us all a little melancholy must fall.

Unbidden memories have surfaced through the veil of dreams, turning my thoughts to the past.

I can't help but entertain these uninvited guests that have floated to the surface. Ruminating on the whys and hows that have brought me to my present place. I dismiss the what ifs, as that train of thought bears no fruit. But the urge to set the record straight and tie up loose ends grips me for the moment.

I can't help but wonder if the reason I've never reached my destination is due to the amount of time I spend reviewing and revisiting the journey to date. In the past I've hoped to work out my trajectory, to tease out where I might be headed. Now I know too many variables exist to make that determination.

"Still waters run deep
Deep in me.
I've got this crazy way
Crazy way of swimming in still waters."

No comments: