Thursday, August 28, 2008

Unsupportable Stupidity

I was cc'd on the following email conversation this morning:

Manager: Do the clinicians need to do anything other than turning the computer on and signing in?

Help Desk: No, I have set it up such that regardless of who logs on they should be able to open Citrix, log in, and use it as desired.

Manager: Thanks very much – can someone please write up step-by-step instructions so that Extended Hours staff in need will know how to use the desktops correctly? Thanks!

Umm, excuse me?? Step by step instructions??

Step One: TURN ON THE FUCKING COMPUTER.
Step Two: USE THE FUCKING COMPUTER.

For the record, this exchange was prompted by the manager attempting to turn on a desk top PC . She pressed the power button on the monitor several times. When this failed to boot up the computer, she freaked out.

Thankfully I did not have to respond to this request. I probably would have been fired.

No comments: