Sunday, January 04, 2009

Fuck NTB

I brought KG's car into National Tire and battery today to replace her two front tires. $107 all told, and they managed to get me out of there fairly quickly. About what I was expecting, so no complaints there.

What raises my ire, though, is the petty theft. Of approximately $1.00 in change from the center console. I noted when I dropped the car off that KG had some silver in the little coin holder. It was gone when I left.

A few years ago, I brought my car in for a new battery and tires. I had about $10 in quarters in the bin. I knew this because I had counted it that morning, considering using it to buy a pack of smokes. When I went out to my car after having it serviced, the change was gone.

I went back in and confronted the sales guy. Of course, the mechanic denied it. I told him I wasn't concerned about the loss of $10, it was the principle. I'd just spent a couple of hundred in their store, and the mechanic must have realized the coinage would be missed.

Needless to say, the money was not returned. They did give me a voucher for a free oil change, though.

So, here we are a few years later. The amount taken was probably less than a buck, but the principle remains the same. Seriously, what the fuck, guys?

I will never be going to NTB again, and I'll do my best to discourage others from going. I hope that spare change got you something good out of the sundry machine, you fucking grease monkey.

No comments: