Monday, June 12, 2006

She lay open like a road

Well, as promised, I've quit bitching about my miserable ride home from work every day. Funny, I have yet to complain about my morning commute.

Most days, it is what it is. The day is just starting, and although I don't like being late to work, I'm not in any particular rush to get there.

That said, this morning's ride in was a real crotch biter. I guess there was a big accident on the Zakim Bridge. By the time I got there, it was long gone. All I know is I popped in The Resident's "Warner Brothers Album" as I pulled out of the driveway at my son's daycare. From there, it's half a mile to the highway. The album is approx. 40 minutes long. Just as I managed to get my car onto the highway, the album was starting over.

Oh well, it was a slow day at work anyhow.

The weekend was entertaining. KG's father came up from North Carolina to see the baby. We all trooped in to the Children's Museum in Boston. That was cool. It was pouring out, and we took the T in. That was a bit of a shock. Both KG and I used to ride the Red Line every day, and I could fill notebooks with all the bitching and oaning about how much that fucking sucked.

Anyhow, the last time I rode the T (which was a while ago), you gave the guy in the window some cash, he gave you some tokens. You put said tokens in the gate, and pushed your way through the turnstile. Well... we arrived at the T station to discover no guy. Just a machine that only took debit or credit cards, and issued you a ticket instead of tokens. A Charlie Pass. Cute. I too always wondered why the stupid bitch didn't just give the poor guy a nickel.

Also, the turnstiles have been replaced with some new fangled electronic saloon doors. Pretty cool. The highlight was seeing South Station finally completed. It was like a whole new station!

The boy enjoyed the train ride. He's big in to Thomas the Tank Engine, so his first train ride was very exciting. Even if it was just the T. The baby... she slept for the entire trip.

No comments: