Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Even my iPod hates me today

It's been a trying week. 11 hour day at work on Saturday, another 3 hours at work late Sunday night. Monday finds no relief... I have tons of paperwork to data enter as well as a massive error report to resolve. Couple that with needy clinicians freaked out over the updates and an instead boss who is wired way too tight and I'm ready to assplode.

This morning it was cold and rainy. More like November than April.

So, I'm driving to work, listening to my iPod. On shuffle. I have 1,029 songs on there. For some damn reason, every single song it picked for my ride in was a depression dirge or a discordant tune. I even started skipping songs, only to have the next one be equally down.
I gave up and dealt with it.

Now anyone who knows me can attest to my penchant for dark, discordant music. Or as KG affectionately refers to it, my "difficult" music. However, the thing I like about my iPod is he eclectic mix I've put on there. There's music straight across the spectrum, and usually a sinister Residents tune will be followed by some jaunty Moog. A brooding Nick Cave song chased by Dr. Dre dissing niggahs and hos.

But today, no change in mood. Nothing but darkness. And damn if the same thing didn't happen on the way home. I finally shut it off and tuned into NPR when Hank Williams came on, singing "I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry."

1 comment:

Rev. Molius said...

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....