Friday, July 20, 2007

Cloverfield

I have to admit, I've gotten somewhat caught up in the buzz over 1-18-08.

I managed to find a piece (which I'm too lazy to re-find and link, my apologies to any stray googlers who ended up here.) which described shooting that was being done on Coney Island. The impression is that the movie is going to indeed be about a giant monster attacking New York City, only told from the perspective of a small group of friends with a camcorder. Told, in typical JJ style, in flashbacks. Mostly to the day before the attack.

I'm guessing that the movie will be primarily the flashbacks, broken up by the attack. It will probably end with us getting just the briefest glimpses of the monster, and no explanation as to what it is.

For the record, I think that would be about the coolest fucking thing ever.

No comments: