Thursday, October 04, 2007

Now With 30% Less Snark!

So, I got a talking to from my boss today.

It would appear that my reputation at work is at stake due to my tendency to run my mouth. I have caused offense by making blunt, off the cuff remarks about coworkers. I have thrown people under the bus in an attempt to force senior management in to dealing with some of our biggest problems. I have been honest.

I have developed a bit of an attitude.

Duly noted.

My eval is due in a couple of months. I'm counting on that almighty 5% raise. So, if a kinder, gentler me is what they want, a kinder, gentler me they will get.

You want a team player? I'll be the "I" in team. You want me to play nice and play by the rules? OK. No prob, Bob.

Since the end result will be more money in my pocket and less acid in my stomach, I'm game. I'm going to let go of the stress, and just do what I'm paid to do. Shit, I'll be the hap-hap-happiest asshole that ever worked there. It might actually be fun.

2 comments:

Mike said...

Don't get too hap-happy. I don't want to move back and find you've gone all Stepford on me.

Names said...

Seriously? Is this even possible?I find that notion very disturbing.