Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Ass Clowns, Inc.

Today I got a valuable lesson in why exactly a certain someone at work has been dubbed Trainwreck.

She railroaded me today.

Let's see, here's my day in a nutshell or two. Called in sick yesterday, so I started off a day behind. 90 fucking minute commute to the office. (Santa dog is a jesus fetus.) I had 4 reports to do that should have been done yesterday. Tons of voicemail and emails to get through. FIFs to QC. I printed my error list so I could start working it. Then MT calls. She wants me to grab 2 trainer laptops so she can test the transfer time on them. I go get them. I put them back. I go get them again when I'm told it's OK to do that. I try to log on to the database so I can do a network transfer. I encounter problems. Things start going to shit.
Mind you... this is slightly outside the scope of my job. I have other shit to do. I made the mistake, as I always do, of being too willing to help.
So, MT shows up, and the chains of chaos she drags behind her started hitting things and making a mess. I lost a few hours, and she dragged in people who also have much more important things to do. In the end, my time invested netted nothing. She had already gotten herself a training laptop, and ended up doing the transfer she wanted me to do.
Then I get back to my desk, only to remember I have a retro fee change to Medicare to take care of. That abortion is going to take me the rest of the week to fix. I had to take shit home tonight to work on.
Trainwreck indeed.

On the plus side, tomorrow night I'm trooping at the MOS. They're having a press event for the SW exhibit. Good times. On top of that, M & G are in town, so hopefully I'll get to see them this week. And I pulled my fake snot gag on three people, all with satisfactory results. Finally, I spent a painless ride home enjoying some previously unheard Tom Waits. So the day wasn't a total wash.

1 comment:

Names said...

beatch! call me if you guys are hanging out. I have no idea when I will have the actual time to hang out but there you go!