Saturday, October 15, 2005

Great Gag in the Sky

Thankfully, it's finally stopped raining. We had to cancel our plans for a day at the farm today. No corn mazes, hay rides or pumpkin patches in this shit.
I decided to run a few errands instead, only to discover 3 inches of standing water in my car. So I took KG's instead.

I went to Don's Joke Shop in Quincy, in search of a rubber chicken. What an awesme little store. I haven't been there in years. Jokes, gags, magic tricks and masks. Just like I remembered. Don is still behind the counter, demonstrating various gags as you look around. I had a hard time resisting all the goodies.
Snapping gum, fish flavored candy, bug ice cubes, fake cat shit, squirting lighters, whoopie cushions. The prankster in me giggled.
I settled on my rubber chicken, some fake snot, and a kazoo for TK Jr.

The highlight of the day? I came home and of course had to demonstrate the fake snot for KG. As soon as I took it out of my nose, Jr, grabbed it, tried to stick it in his tiny nostril, and proceeded to pretend sneeze.

He's a natural, a real chip of the old block.

No comments: