Sunday, January 22, 2006

I hate the mat

Pretty uneventful weekend here at la casa de Schultz. TKJr spent the weekend at my mother-in-laws. I spent most of Saturday clearing out the spare, soon to be baby's, room. Still a long way from being done, but I threw out a lot of shit and packed many a rubbermaid box. I'll need to go buy some more containers so I can get back at it this weekend.

KG and I went to dinner and rented 40 Year Old Virgin. Pretty funny, I enjoyed it. Today I spent the day at the laundromat. I hate doing laundry on Sundays, as the place is always packed. Saturdays are better, but I had other things going on. Besides, I thought I wouldn't need to go today.

We have a laundry room in our apartment. It has a hook up for a washing machine. It also has a 220 line for a dryer, and a vent hose already connected. We have a washer in the basement, but no dryer. We had been planning on buying one, since KG doesn't like me spending 3 hours out of the house on the weekend cleaning clothes. She has accused me of enjoying it, but I really don't.

So, we stopped at a local dealer to check out dryers. The prices were good, and I anticipated purchasing one and having it delivered this weekend. No more mat! A salesman comes over, and starts asking questions.

Out of nowhere, KG pulls this shit about not wanting the dryer upstairs, in our freaking apartment. Currently the laundry room houses 3 litter boxes. As I try to patiently explain to my suddenly illogical wife that the only 220 line in the basement is on the upstairs neighbors electricity and that there is no vent, she starts giving me this shit about not wanting it upstairs, and that I never told her any of this.

I did...a number of times over the past 4 months.

So, I calmly said, "Fine, we're not buying a dryer. Let's go."

She's been rather irrational about the whole thing. She refuses to believe I ever said anything to her about not being able to put it in the basment (I did.) She insists I never said anything about putting it inside our apartment (where it belongs, and I did.) She states she doesn't want to take one of the litter boxes out of the laundry room (although putting one somewhere else in the apartment would help stop one of the cats from pissing everywhere.) She says she doesn't want to dry our clothes in the same room as the litter boxes.

I can't win this one. I love KG very, very much. I honestly do. But seriously... fuck her. I spent $15 and 3+ hours today when I could have been home, doing small, manageable loads and getting other things done around the house.

Whatever. Tomorrow night, I'm going to IKEA to buy some new bookshelves and boxes for all our CDs. I'm looking forward to that.

No comments: