Wednesday, January 18, 2006

The number on the engine was 44

I really love it when management gets a bug up the ass over something. Some companies have an easy button. All we have is a panic button.

Every few days I take a peek at a little report called Data Export . There are 14 different error reports in there, and I am responsible for resolving 2 of them. That's what I've been doing all along.

Well, a new year has started, and apparently the big thing at the moment is to drop all our RAPs for 2005. I don't even know what the fuck a RAP is. Well... not entirely true. Basically, Medicare pays us half up front, and the other half when a patient is discharged. So, to get the RAP to drop, the patient has to be properly discharged.

The other 12 reports are the responsibility of other departments. Not today. Suddenly it's my fucking problem.

The worst part... I can't actually fix anything. All I can do is annoy people by emailing them and telling them what to do. That's what I did. All day. After wasting a whole day and not catching up with my work, I had managed to look at and comment on 30 some patients. Didn't get to do my real work. In the end, I was told management really only wanted to know what was going on, and if anything could be done. What?? I spent my whole day on this! And where were they when I finished? Having a meeting with a catered meal.

Fuck all y'all. Seriously.

But hey, that's what they pay me for.

No comments: