Saturday, January 28, 2006

Kung hei fat choi

The year of the dog begins. Ever since TKJr started going to a Cantonese daycare, we've adopted Chinese New Year as a holiday in our household. The last 2 fell on a week day, so KG and I actually got to take a day off from work. But, just like our own holidays this year, it fell on a weekend.
We did observe the new tradition, though. TKJr went out for the day, and KG and I spent the entire day cleaning. The apartment looks nice. I went to the big K for storage bins tonight, so I'll resume packing up the spare room tomorrow.

I spent the better part of last week being more or less sick. I seem to be over the worst of it, but have developed a tickle in my throat which is making me cough like crazy. Nice.

But... on a positive note, I picked up my first box of Commit today. I've tried the patch. That worked for a while, but didn't help break the habit. I figure I have a better shot with the lozenge. My plan is to start off alternating between butts and lozenges, slowly working my way to all lozenge. Then cut down and quit from there.

I've enjoyed being a smoker. It has become a big part of my life. But enough is enough, and I'm ready to give it up. Not entirely happy mind you, but ready none the less. I would like to be one of those people that keep a pack in a tin in the garage, only indulging on rare occasions. So far, that has not been the case. I'm a pack and a half a day or nothing. So now I'm shooting for nothing.

1 comment:

Names said...

dude, the one thing I am looking forward to doing in Paris is smoking! The smokes are better there! it is so true. If you want me to bring back some smokes, let me know B!