Monday, July 03, 2006

They Call me Mr. Misery

OK, perhaps that's being a tad dramatic.

However, it does seem that karmic forces are alined against me this week.

Izzy had her ultrasound today, the radiologist said her hips look fine. That is good news. She has her MRI on Friday to check for kidney reflux, so that is still hanging over our heads.

Had to work today, but I did have an awesome commute. I actually hit 85mph on the way in! The drive home was good as well, and a slow, boring day at work was made better by lunch at the 99 with the guys.

Yesterday my stepfather called to tell me my mom had been admitted to the hospital with chest pains. At the time it looked like she was OK, and we expected her to come home today. Well... just as I was leaving work, he called me to tell me that she was on her way to the ICU at NEMC. Seems she has a severe blockage in one of arteries, so she is having bypass surgery tomorrow.

So much for chilling and drinking on the 4th. Oh, yeah... my fucking mother! What's that about? She may not be a Rock of Gibraltar, but she is the one person in the family who has managed thus far to saty out of the hospital. It'll be a nerve wracking night while we wait to hear if her surgery was a success.

I love ya, Mom. Cut the shit, get better, and come home.

No comments: