Friday, March 18, 2005

He's a Good Palpatine

I'm talking about Uncle George here. Read this today, and a thought occured to me. I love Lucas. I really do. He gave me a childhood full of magic and adventure. He gave me dreams which haven't died, and happiness which I still enjoy. I was 4 when Star Wars came out. It was a big thing. A defining moment for a whole generation of children. It was 1977.
Nick will be 4 years old when Star Wars comes out. In monthly installments. The whole saga. In 3D. Talk about an imprint. My son, my little padawan, will be the same age as me, and get to experience the same thing. The circle will be complete.
How fracking cool is that? Thank you, George. Thank you for giving my son the same gift you gave me.
Oh, and by the way.... if you haven't started watching Battlestar Galactica, it's time to park the tush on the couch and enjoy getting engrossed.
Lest you take me lightly, be assured I am most serious on both accounts. Star Wars has had a deep and meaningful influence on me since 1977. My quest to understand myself and the world around me has always been guided by the Force. I embrace it's impact on me, and the power of it's myth for good. And I am estatic that I have the oppurtunity to share that with Nick.
Battlestar Galactica. Forget the cheese we all remember and love. Put it out of mind. Experience it reimagined. Let me tell you, Friday nights I do a lot of thinking about God, life and possibilities. This is good shit, and it's on TV. Watch it.

No comments: