Sunday, March 06, 2005

Laptop, laptop

I spent close to three hours working from home today. I've managed to get myself into a good place at work. I'm the go to guy, I get things fixed. Pretty much anything I ask for, I get. So, the good folks at the VNA of Boston have given me a laptop. Now I'm fully mobile, and able to work extra hours from home. For free.
I'm not complaining, mind you. It's actually easier to sit down in the kitchen and plug away for a few hours than trying to get anything accomplished at work. There I have constant interruptions and questions. I get nothing done. Some days, I get discouraged seeing all the stupid mistakes people make, and I resent being the only one willing to exercise a bit of brain power to get them resolved. Then, I remember, that's my job. If people didn't screw up, I'd have nothing to do.
Ahh, symbiosis. How I love thee.

No comments: