Sunday, March 20, 2005

I turned out TV

Friday night I made the mistake of trying one of those energy drinks. Full Throttle. I figured it would keep me from falling asleep on the couch and missing BG. Well, it did. And kept me up until 3AM.
But it's all good. Decided to reach out and touch someone, and ended up having one of those nice, long chats with Mike. Like back in the day.
So... we were discussing children and TV. What to expose my child to, and what we were exposed to in our youth. My guy watches a lot of TV. It makes him smart. My parents, KG's mom, warn that Nick might be watching too much TV. Why? Because we were raised on TV, and we didn't quite turn out how they expected. And why is that? I'll tell you.
Take a look at the shit we were fed. Don't get me wrong, I got all warm and fuzzy when I found this list. Good memories. But it was garbage. And we ate it up.
Nick... he watches good TV. Smart TV. he learns new things, and puts it to use. He can count to 15 because Richard Scary taught him to. He knows animal names and sounds because Baby Einstein taught him. He loves to dance and sing because Elmo does.
It's context and content, folks. Give a kid good information, and he will grow strong and smart.

1 comment:

Wirthy said...

Try Full Throttle with vodka. Red Bull and vodka is another winner!