Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Oh, now there's a great notion

So, when i started this little blog I thought it would be fun to alternate posting old journal entries and new ones. It is kind of fun. I might continue to do that. I have to admit, I'm somewhat fascinated with myself. Well, at least a younger me.
In the early weeks of 2000, I was spending a lot of time trying to figure out exactly who the Hell I was. I had had a couple of really fucked up years, and was feeling a tad unbalanced. So, I sat down at my computer, gathered every journal I could find, and typed them all into Wordperfect. It took me a long time. It didn't help that I wanted to do the whole thing in chronological order, and that I often diaried without the benefit of dates. But I was enjoying reliving myself, so I got it all together.
Did I learn anything? No, not really. Except that I start a lot of sentences with So, Anyway, Perhaps and At Any Rate. I still do.
At any rate, it was a huge undertaking of little importance. The disc has been sitting in a dusty case for years. Five of them. Tonight, I had the brillant idea of posting the entire thing! And this was without the benefit of chemical enhancement.
So, my family blog will languish further. If you are interested in reading the private thoughts of one Chris Schultz, covering apparently the last 20 years, take a gander at Bad Teenage Poetry. I've added it to the links for your convenience. It starts off pretty bad, but I promise, it may get more interesting.

2 comments:

Mike said...

OK, the fact that you compared a situation back in 86 to a fight scene from Romeo and Juliet just reminds me of why we became friends in the first place.

Mike said...

Oh, and did I mention that I'm jealous of your wordperfect files? I'd love to have that sort of reference instead of hundreds of half filled notebooks. Looking back at who we were helps prove how far we've come.