Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Have you seen my wife, Mr Jones?

Living on the South Shore, I have the pleasure of driving through the Central Artery Tunnel every day. That wonderful engineering marvel that promised us freedom from soul crushing traffic.
Most Massachusetts residents are aware of the many problems associated with the tunnel. Many people appeared to be shocked that oversights were made. Oversights? More like built in job security.
Anyway, driving home today, I got to spend a little more time than I like to in the tunnel. And I noticed something that stuck me as odd. There are sections of wall which have been removed to allow inspection of the support beams. It's kind of cool... all this dark grey flameproofing material, and these huge vertical steel girders. I've seen them for some time now, and there has to be at least 20 10-20ft sections exposed throughout the tunnel. Each section has maybe 4-5 beams exposed.
So, today I'm driving by, and I notice that most of the beams have the word "OK" spray painted on them in orange. And I wondered, what's up with the beams that don't say "OK"?

4 comments:

Rev. Molius said...

well, wouldn't you think that they will replace those because they don't say 'OK'? you mentioned something about job security...

i still believe it will be close to $20B when all is said and "done".

Anonymous said...

Thank Allah its not Friday yet; A ...
Ian Anderson Jon Anderson Jim Morrison Van Morrisson Dick Van Dyke Dolly Parton Jolly Jaya Lalitha This is the line up of artists at the Montreal ol folks fest.where x generation meets the y and the rap genre ...
My Acne Product site, covers Acne Product related stuff.

Anonymous said...

Hello.

Interesting blog of yours. I'm going to check back often!
I have a auto loan related page
which pretty much covers auto loan related stuff.

Rev. Molius said...

me thinks it's time to see about disabling anonymous commenting, as well as adding that word validation to your posts....oy...

cue monty python.

spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spamity spam!