Thursday, August 11, 2005

Weymouth Zombie Patrol

It's the VNA's monthly menses... closing. Always a stressful time for me as management expects me to take all the mistakes everyone makes and fix them. And I do. Without fail. No one helps me, and I usually end up helping everyone else.
When I first got my position, I was the only one in my district. Now there are 2 of us. SW has 2 as well. So, doing the math, there are 4 people in my position. Which should mean equal responsibility. But I end up doing most of the work.
Today, I got a little ticked with my counterparts in SW, and sent a terse email. My exact words:
"Whoever keeps putting patient X on our error report, knock it off. He's a SW patient, it belongs to you."
Not very friendly, but not nasty either. And I spend the rest of the day eating shit because KC was upset by it. I even apologized, but she was too bent out of shape to accept it.
So, KC... I'm deeply sorry that my email offended you. Personally, I think you're too easily offended. So, to make myself feel better, try this on for size
"Fuck you, you lazy, spoiled, whiney bitch. Grow a spine and do your damn job."

Hmmm. Reminds me of the one time I decided to scream in my car while stuck in agonizing traffic. It didn't make me feel better. Only made me feel silly and hoarse.
So anyway... it's Kevin Bacon night on basic cable. Hollow Man is on one channel, and Quicksilver is on another. I'm watching Quicksilver. It's pretty amusing.
Today after work I met up with the Weymouth After Dark brothers to film a few scenes for their movie. They're doing a mockumentary on the Bridgewater Triangle, and I reprised my role as the founder of the Weymouth Zombie Patrol. Recruited to help search the Hockomock swamp for paranormal activity. It was fun. We substituted Whitman's Pond for the Hock, as it's close by and sufficiently creepy. We shot in the cemetary up the street from my house, and I think it went well. It was fun to do at any rate.
So, another night comes to an end. I was going to hit the sack, but I threw caution to the wind and had 2 ice coffees after work. I'm still wired, and I think it's time for some more car crashing.

No comments: