Sunday, August 14, 2005

Weekend's end

Well, it's been a full and tiring weekend. I'm kind of wishing I had a day or two to recover.
Friday night was rough... TK Jr. refused to sleep. KG ended up getting next to no sleep, and was in a pretty bad mood the next day.
I started Saturday with an early morning trip to the laundromat. Got that out of the way ( but still not put away) and then headed to Malden for RB's BBQ. Good times, albiet short lived. I learned this much: extreme heat + dangerously sloped back yard + a 2 year old = very sweaty and overheated me. We only stayed a couple of hours. KG and I wisely decided in the future to get a sitter for such events.
We got home and got Jr into bed. Thankfully, the combination of no sleep the night before and all the running around he did at RB's really knocked him out. He slept right through the night and didn't wake up until 8 this morning!
We had another huge thunderstorm Saturday night. It started just as KG was getting the baby ready for bed. I went out onto our newly roofed porch to check it out. I was out there for a couple of minutes, when all of a sudden a lightning bolt hit the nextdoor neighbor's front lawn. It was insane! Thankfully I had taken a leak prior to going outside. If I hadn't, I surely would have pissed myself.
I had to unplug the TV, as the lightning continued to be intense for the next few hours. It finally died down, and I fell asleep on the couch watching Resident Evil 2. I woke up in the morning exhausted with a stiff back.
Then it was down to Brockton for Jr.'s second birthday party. My folks were away for his actual birthday, so they had a belated party today. We got another major T storm while we were there. It rained so hard the street flooded.
That ended, and we headed home. Got back to Weymouth, and there were downed branches everywhere, and all the traffic lights were out.
So, the last few weeks have been full of crazy storms. I love them, so I've been enjoying it. The heat I can do with out.
Tomorrow I start my day off trooping at the MOS. Tickets go on sale for the Star Wars exhibit, so we're doing a short promo. An hour in armor. Then back to work. Woohoo!

No comments: