Saturday, August 27, 2005

Tag, you're it!

My good friend Mycalls just tagged me with a meme. For this meme, I'm supposed to list out 10 tunes I've been listening to a lot lately.
Note: there is a difference between 10 tunes you love at the moment and 10 tunes that you can't seem to get out of your life at the moment, but for me, almost all of this list falls into the love category.


I’m Just a Little Black Rain Cloud – Winnie the Pooh
TK Jr. is on a real Pooh kick right now, and I hear this song every day. I've been caught on several occasions singing it to myself at the printer.

Prairie Lullaby - Mike Nesmith
I fell in love with this song, and use to sing it to TK Jr when he cried at night. I found the album it's on the other night, and it still chokes me up.

Like a Hurricane - Neil Young
One of KG's all time faves. I heard it on the radio today on my way to the laundromat, and have been humming it ever since.

Kawliga - Hank Williams, Sr.
OK, I admit it's The Residents' version that is stuck in my head, but I'll give credit where credit is due.

All For the Best – Godspell
CH always questions my hetero-ness when I start singing this. Hey, I like Godspell. My sis and I spent many an hour in the backseat of my Dad's Camaro listening to it on 8 track. It's imprinted.

Ain't Gonna Rain No More - Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
On my JS journal, I finally got to the point in my life where I chronical the demise of my first marriage. This song nicely sums up how I felt after I left Belmore.

Highly Illogical - Leonard Nimoy
I'm not sure why, but just making this list put this in my head, and now I need to listen to it.

Folklore - 16 Horsepower
OK, I know the idea is to list songs, but other than the above, it's been mostly albums as a whole that I've been listening to lately. If I had to pick a track, I'd say Outlaw Song.

The Warner Bros Album - The Residents
Super rare, I thought I'd never hear it. I even played it for TK Jr, though what he thought of it I can not tell.

In Sounds From Way Out - The Beastie Boys
I got this a while back, and rediscovered it past week. Good stuff.

Well, I was going to watch Napolean Dynamite tonight, but now I want to listen to some music. Plus, I kinda got sucked into Pterodactyl .
So, let's keep the meme going. Molius, consider yourself tagged. And Alabama Blue, I tag you too.

No comments: