Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Life. It's bigger.

229 years ago, a brave new country was born. 20 years ago my parents divorced, and I moved to MA. Almost 2 years ago, TK Junior was born.
20 years ago today, Sgt. Pepper taught the band to play.
These days I tend to live my meager little life, and not give too much thought to the world around me. I'm content, and it would probably take something like alien tripods exploding out of the ground to genuinely upset my little world.
However, that does not stop the world around me from getting up to all manners of crazy shit.
China and Russia . I remember hearing a few years ago that China was facing an overpopulation of men. The quickest, most effective way to rid yourself of an over abundance of young men is throw yourself a nice little war. Thin the herd, and gain a country or two out of the deal.
Hhhmmm. Don't want to be an alarmist, but America might want to start watching it's back. Actually, I take that back. America should start watching it's shit. No more fucking around with thinly veiled Imperialism. Time to start being a responsible neighbor again.
I admit, my mind tends to dwell on the morbid when I let it wander. Last night, KG and I were sitting outside, listening to fireworks both in the distance and all around us. I thought about life in Baghdad. I don't want to live there.
And I really don't want to have to get involved in keeping that from happening. What I really want is for everyone in the world to start doing their job right, and do it well. Is that too much to ask?
I'm watching Rescue Me . Sully really gives some lousy advice. Not good. Haha... that was just confirmed. Stupid people are funny.
So are angry smart people.
What am I trying to say? Blogging in front of the tv will probably lead to more disjointed entries as my already mostly disjointed brain gets to wander even more.
So, are Molius and I the only ones who are nearly giddy over the Floyd reunion? That was some gooooood shit. All I'm asking is more, more, more.
Well, enough for now.

No comments: