Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Instead

Another largely unproductive day at work. I'm sort of discouraged, because it looks like we won't be making closing tomorrow. During my short tenure in this position, we've made closing. Every month. Without fail. But... Not this time. Through no failure on my part, mind you. One patient will remain on our error list, and there's nothing I can do about it. Such is life.
My manager is on vacation, kicking her heels in Sin City. The manager who is instead for her is off tomorrow, and asked me to be instead for her. So, this puts me in the unique situation of being in charge of two departments for the day. I feel the lure of the dark side already. How I would love to terminate a whole bunch of people in my one day as boss. I can imagine MC and JC coming back on Monday to find both their departments empty.
Of course, I wield no such power. But it's fun to imagine. On the plus side, I am literally in charge of myself, so I decided to give me a break. I told myself I didn't have to do any work today. And I haven't. I'd tell me to go home early, but I have to drive to NH tonight for a wake. So I'm actually stuck here waiting for KG to drive up. Bummer. Maybe tomorrow I'll let me go a little early. Me deserves it.
In other news, I've been spending quite a bit of time on Lego Star Wars. It's been a lot of fun. I managed to make it through all the levels pretty quickly, but now I have to replay each one to find all the secrets and bonuses. That'll unlock the bonus level, which I'm hoping has something to do with Episodes 4-6. There is something thoroughly enjoyable about sitting on the couch, controlling little Lego SW characters. A novel idea that turns out to be quite addictive.
Yesterday, Molius blogged about all the annoying comments he got at work when he decided to wear a tie. I've gone through the same thing, even when I was wearing one once a week. So, with that fresh in mind, I've been sitting here at work today in a tie and blazer. I can't begin to tell you how satisfying it is to me to see the look on these jokesters faces when I inform them that I am dressed this way for a wake. It may be sick, but it gives me a good laugh.

No comments: