Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Post Op Blues

So, today was a fun day. We had our first real taste of spring. Sunny and warm, almost hit 70. I was feeling very lucky, as I got to leave work early, and finally managed to pick up Lego Star Wars, which I will be getting back to shortly. On a less exciting note, I got to undergo some dental surgery .
In order for the DMD to get the post done, he had to cut away the gum around the tooth. They peel it back like a banana. Then, to insure that it heals up nice, they cover the area in silly putty. OK, maybe it's not really silly putty, but it sure looks like it. Silly me, I thought it would be a small area, right around the tooth. Oh no... the lower half of my jaw is covered in this pink shit. I've been oozing blood, and the temporary crown isn't placed as well as it was, so I can't bite down very well.
This will last a week or two. In the meantime, I have a scrip for Vicodin (nice!), and I'm on a soft food diet. Not supposed to smoke, either. Oh well. I was reading over the post op instructions, and I noticed they also advise against heavy lifting. Heavy lifting???? I'm not sure what that has to do with my teeth, but I'll avoid it anyway.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Dude, Vico is cool and all, but I don't envy you the pain and silly putty!

G says Vicos are better with scotch. ;)