Monday, April 25, 2005

Milk and Cookies

So, sometimes being vocal with your geekiness pays off. I've been lamenting the increase of shitty food in my life lately. I gots to get me all this SW merch and tie-ins, and it requires eating a lot of junk food. So, I was a bit dismayed when I saw pictures of the 20+ kid's meal premiums at Burger King. They're really cool, but that's a lot of flamed broiled crap to consume. Well, my griping paid off. Seems DP's sig other manages a BK, and she's going to hook me up. Sweet! I was starting to suspect I'd be starring in the sequel to "Supersize Me". Dodged a bullet there.
Seems Trainwreck has created some hard feelings with my counterpart Mcmee. MT has a tendency to talk directly with me about what people in Operations "should" be doing rather than going through my boss. Fine with me, I have no bones about making policy decisions. However, Mcmee is supposed to be my equal, so she got a little bent when MT asked me about having her help out with training. MT did not ask Mcmee or my boss. Oh well. I took it upon myself to share the info. All I know for sure is that MT decided I was the go to guy before she ever met me. I think I've done a pretty fair job of living up to that expectation. It's not my fault the powers to be thought we should have two people in my position. And it's not my fault that not everyone is like me. It's probably a good thing. I try to do the best I can in my role, and I mostly succeed. The nurses trust me, and they like to deal with me. I enjoy helping them. I've been roped into a number of committees as well. Not my favorite thing, but I think I have a pretty good perspective. I can see things from both the clinical and the clerical side. I fix all the mistakes that both sides make. So I think my opinions are fairly balanced. I get the feeling sometimes that my boss and Mcmee think I've gotten a little big for my britches. Maybe I have. I dunno.
Anyhow... that's all shit I get paid to think about. I stumbled upon Darth Vader's blog tonight. Pretty funny stuff. I'm hoping the author keeps it up. With ROTS around the corner, it could only get funnier.
Ahhh, which reminds me. I need to head over to the Target website and buy a Darth Vader sprinkler and slip and slide for TK Junior. I swear, it's for him. Really.

1 comment:

Rev. Molius said...

just a quick correction - DP's SO works at BK, not his daughter.

we like keeping our facts straight. btw - i did the bleach wipedown on MAP's LT. it's safe (i think...)