Thursday, June 02, 2005

Ewwwww

So, I broke down and actually started doing some work downstairs. Honestly, I am not the neatest person in the world. Our apartment has quite a bit of clutter, and I have a bad habit of making piles. But for crying out loud, we keep it clean.
The people downstairs... I seriously don't think they cleaned that place once in the 14 years they lived there. Christ almighty. I spent almost two hours scrubbing grime off of the molding in one room. The sponge was black! I cleaned the windows in the front room... the paper towels came off black. Black!
Ugh. I so want to shower right now, it's not even funny. And I still have a long way to go.
The landlord is actually doing a lot of work, so I think I'll mostly just end up painting. Plus he's paying me $20 an hour to do it. Not bad. If I rack up a big enough bill, I might try to trade him the cash for a new gas furnace. Downstairs has oil, and we all know how damn expensive that is.
Tomorrow night I'll wash the walls, and then this weekend I'll paint the ceilings. That'll be a good start.

No comments: