Saturday, June 18, 2005

I ain't no Pollack

Painted the master bedroom today, Actually, let me backtrack.
Went to work this morning. The alarm rang at 4:30, I was coffeed up and on the road by 5:20. I was expecting to be at work until 6PM, but taking over the corral seemed to work well. I was on my way home by quarter past 11.
Thanks in no small part to Molius , things went smooth and quick. Of course, his reward was a less pleasant day, but that's the way these things tend to work.
Me, I got home and got down to painting. Had some lunch, and knocked off the bedroom. KG had picked out a lime green paint, which looked really cool on the little color card at Lowe's. Well, the final product... um, is ... interesting. Bright green, and the pink paint beneath managed to bleed through. Not the effect she was aiming for.
After that, I vegged for a while and watched Galaxy Quest . TK Junior left with his gramma for the night, so KG and I got to rule the roost for the night.
We painted some trim, and I started in on the kitchen. Now we're chilling and avoiding the call of bed.
Tomorrow, it's Father's Day. I'm one of those now, and it's pretty cool. Lots more painting and some shopping is in store. We have to move next Sunday. Got us a lot of work to do in the meantime.
On that note, time to heed the call. Sandman's here, and he's got a job to do too. Might as well let him at it.

No comments: