Sunday, June 19, 2005

Unshaven & Unshowered...

... and planning on remedying that shortly.
Happy Daddy's Day to all the pops out there. I guess for some dads, today is a day to rest and be appreciated by your family. I got some great gifts from KG, but other than that I worked my ass off.
With TK Jr away, we slept in until almost 2. Killed most of the day, but it's a rare luxury, so we took advantage of it.
KG went out to buy more paint. I ended up covering the entire kitchen in primer, and then mowed the lawn. KG got back and finished up the trim in the dining room, so we can finally count one room as 98% finished.
So far, prepping the downstairs has largely been a solo project. KG has done a lot of scrubbing, but other than that it's all been me and the lanlord. We were expecting some help this weekend. but that didn't work out. I'm a bit stressed, as we're down to the wire. One week until we move in. So, I'm taking a few days off this week. To paint. Two full days and every night this week should, hopefully, be enough. It'll have to be. We have a family reunion on Saturday, so that day is shot. Sunday we move. That's the day I know we're going to need help. It'll be an easy move, just carrying stuff downstairs. But there's a lot of stuff.
KG bought a darker shade of green for the bedroom, so I guess I'll be repainting that room as well. I really don't want to, but the walls are rather garish. I suppose it's got to be done.
I have a few pics of all the work we did on our current apartment . All in all, we've managed to put a lot of work into this building. I think it' s better for it.
Well, I've got nothing else to say that doesn't involve the word paint, so I'm calling it a day. Time to take a nice hot shower and relax for a few before going to bed, getting up, and starting the whole business over again.

No comments: