Friday, June 03, 2005

Memories of Mt Vernon

I spent some time downstairs washing walls today. Yeah, still gross. I took a lengthy break for family time and hanging with KG, then went back down to clean up. I dragged our plastic patio chairs over to the porch. The downstairs apartment has a porch! Grabbed my beer, lit a butt and chilled.
It was nice. Reminds me of living in Slumerville, hanging out with JN on the porch. Watching the crazy Brazilians and grilling.
Grilling and chilling.
I've been dreading all the work involved with making that place livable. Tonight, I got to taste the fruit of those labors. It's going to be much nicer living down there. Lots of open space, the yard, and a porch. I'm looking forward to moving.
Now I just need to get the upstairs rented to the right people. I might throw up an ad on craigslist . It's free, and I can write a nice lengthy description. The landlord will throw a 2 line ad in the Ledger, which will come out on Sunday and only be read by denziens of the South Shore. I figure an ad on CL might be spotted by a couple expecting a baby. They'd find themselves with the perfect apartment!
I'm just hoping we don't get stuck with more bad neighbors. This is a nice place, and we've worked hard to improve the energy around here. I would like this to continue and grow.
One can hope. That ain't a crime.

No comments: