Friday, May 13, 2005

Bantha poodoo

Thanks to DP, I got the first wave of BK toys today. Very cool. I of course had to remove them from their packaging so they can be played with. TK Junior was less than impressed, but I'm thrilled. I should be getting the next five on Monday. The best part... I'm not forced to eat at BK every day. That said, I'm sure I'll end up stopping in any way.
My dental appointment was a tad annoying. I thought I was getting a permanent crown put in, but it turned out I had to get impressions made. My temporary actually fell out during lunch today, so that was replaced with another temp. I have to go back in 3 weeks, and then I should finally be done with that tooth. Six visits and $1150 for one stinking tooth.
I hooked up with the Weymouth After Dark brothers tonight, and ended up spending almost 4 hours discussing SW. They're both trying to remain spoiler free, so I had to be careful. Sometimes I wish I could be spoiler free. But I can't. I need to know as much as I can as soon as I can.
The anticipation is reaching fever pitch. I'm kind of glad I didn't get to see the movie last night. This is it... the last SW movie ever. I'll never get to experience the excitement of the build up again. So I'm glad I can enjoy it while it lasts.
While hanging with the WAD brothers, we got into a discussion about dead malls and departed department stores in the area. The list is long... Paperama, Bradlees, Zayre, Ames, Lechmere and Caldor . Most of these places are Building #19s or WalMarts now. We also touched on the long gone treasure of the South Shore, King's Castleland . I have many fond memories of that place. And one bad one. There was a big statue of a knight that talked when you stood in front of him. I remember informing him that he had a caterpillar on his shoulder. I became irrate when he refused to acknowledge me, and continued to blabber on about the park. I thought he was alive. I was 6.
I wonder where I'll take Nick when he's a little older. There aren't many of these mom and pop bemusement parks around anymore. It's a shame.
4 days, 23 hours, 13 minutes.

No comments: