Monday, May 30, 2005

Jeebus help me!

So, the people downstairs have moved out. We suspected as much, but it was confirmed today. The landlord stopped by to inquire about the squirrels. We haven't caught any.
Well, he and I got to talking about the downstairs apartment. He asked if we would be interested, I asked how much the rent would be. $150 more than what we're paying now, and it's a lot bigger. It's also fucking filthy.
Next thing I know, I had agreed to do all the painting for him. He offered to pay me. KG and I talked it over, and took a look at the place ourselves, and decided what the hell. We'll move.
The landlord is taking a loss for the month of June. Me... I'll be spending ALL my nights and weekends downstairs. When I say it's going to be a major job to get that place livable, I ain't joking around. It's a total rehab. Everything needs to be cleaned and repainted. Cabinets and doors need to be replaced. It's going to be a major undertaking.
I should smack myself for signing up.
I called my sister to see if her and CC would be interested in renting our current apartment. It's the same scenario we pitched if we bought this place, except we'll all be renting. I'm keeping my fingers crossed they can pull it off. It'd be nice to have all family here rather than some new strangers to adjust to.
So, I guess I'm going to be spending a lot of time at Lowes . I put a lot of work into getting our current apartment fixed up, as it too was a shit pit when we moved in. At the time, it was very stressful. I was training all the TCs at work on the new system. KG was way heavy with child, due any day. But I managed to do it, with a lot of help. This time I'll have a month to get it done, and there's nothing huge looming over my head. That said, if anyone out there digs painting and listening to music, I wouldn't turn down any offers for help. Oh, and pizza and beer. That's always part of the deal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man, if I was closer I'd be there painting with ya, listening to prog-rock and gloating over our M&M figures...lol!