Sunday, May 22, 2005

Your father wanted you to have this...

Well, my Star Wars weekend has drawn to a close. KG and I trekked out to Randolph last night to see ROTS with Molius and M. 4th time for me, and that's it for a while. I was still enthralled, even after seeing it almost every twelve hours, 4 days in a row.
I had to bail on the KISS 108 gig I was supposed to troop at. I checked the boards, and it sounds like the 2 troopers who did go had a blast, and made a long day out of it, despite the weather. Wish I could have been there.
So, being the fanboy I am, I loved the new movie. One thing that's been driving me crazy, though. All the ads and promos show Vader with his red lightsaber. Well, there was no red lightsaber in the movie! I know it's iconic and all, but he didn't once weild it. I guess seing Vader in a duel pre ANH will remain the stuff of dreams.
Speaking of ANH, KG and I watched most of it last night. It resonated with new energy this time, as I suspected it would. Deeper, everything took on a new angle. I suspect I'll be dedicating a few nights to rewatching the original trilogy this week.
Today, it's back to normal life and the responsibilities that entails. Logging into work, laundry, dishes and groceries.
One last SW note... ROTS brought in $85 million as of Friday. Most of the shows yesterday were sold out. Looks like this one is going to be a record breaker!

No comments: