Friday, May 27, 2005

Rain Dogs

Well, today was fun. My cubemate has been more or less absent all week, training the temp who replaced one of our recently downsized TCs. Don't know if I've mentioned the high level of incompentency of our support staff. It's pretty bad, and mostly due to laziness. At any rate, the powers to be finally started cleaning house.
So... I finished off the week doing my job all by myself. Which is what I used to do before the arrival of my cubemate.
I actually left my desk for lunch today, joining Molius and DC in the office lunchroom.
CH bitched at me all day about my hair. I haven't had it cut for some time now, and seeing as today was very moist, I ended up with a shaggy jewfro. Doesn't bother me... it's just hair.
The drive home took over an hour and a half. Should have been 40 minutes at most, but traffic was a mess. I spent 80% of the trip in second gear. This was compounded by the fact that either my moon roof or windshield leaks, and the entire interior of the car was sopping wet. I'm talking 2 inches of standing water on the floor in the back. My pant cuff was soaked half way up my calf, and my ass was damp and itchy. Now that the weather is growing warm, the car is starting to smell. Soon it will be the Beast.
So, since people have asked, my plans for the weekend: Sleep late tomorrow, take the car to a Saturn dealer. Hopefully join KG and TK Junior at the park. Do laundry and buy groceries. Hang out with the Divas , see ROTS (again) with the WAD brothers, and possibly take the baby to the aquarium. Oh, and one of the aunties is coming up for a visit, and my mom wants to take him on Sunday. Which might mean going to my grandmothers. All in all, a pretty full plate. I'd like to add mowing the lawn to the list, as the grass is now taller than the baby. I shit you not. But, the mower is broke, and my parents have a ride on. So my options are pretty limited at the moment. I actually enjoy mowing. I'd like a mower with a bag, though. I'm not overly fond of raking up all the clippings and dumping them behind the tree line. A bag would make dumping them a lot easier.

1 comment:

Rev. Molius said...

we had lunch with DC, not DH.

i'm not sure what DH was doing while we were eating, but i'm sure it was something of importance like going to the gym.